Exploring new opportunities in the Ukrainian energy market
- 14:00 - 15:00
Norwegian Energy Partners, together with the Norwegian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce, invites you to a joint online event focusing on the Ukrainian Energy market.
Accompanied by increasing economic cooperation with the EU in recent years, Ukraine managed to implement many reforms directed towards its energy market to make it more transparent and therefore attractive to foreign investors. For instance, several Norwegian companies, such as NBT and Scatec, invested in the Ukrainian renewable energy sector more than 6 bill. NOK – having projects in their Ukrainian pipeline portfolio worth more than 10 bill. NOK.
In light of global trends, Ukraine has committed to transform into a greener, more efficient, and technologically advanced energy sector. EU’s “2×40 GW Green Hydrogen Initiative” earmarks Ukraine as an essential market for decarbonization and for development of hydrogen technology in Europe.
In November last year, the Ukrainian state-owned company Naftogaz got the license for developing offshore projects in the Black Sea for 30 years. Naftogaz states that 3D seismic shooting starts in the nearest months followed by attracting investors and partners for future extraction.
Can this create opportunities for Norwegian service companies to enter the Ukrainian market with their technologies and experience from the offshore industry?
Join us online, Thursday, 15th of April at 14:00 (CET, Oslo) to find out more about the Ukrainian energy market and its future opportunities.
14:00 Welcome and introduction Håkon Skretting, Director at Norwegian Energy Partners and Ketil Bøe, partner at Wikborg Rein, chairman of the board at NUCC
14:10 The Energy Policy of Ukraine, Yaroslav Demchenkov, Deputy Minister at Ministry of Energy of Ukraine
14:20 Offshore development in the Black Sea
– Current status with the Black Sea license and plans, growth opportunities in the Ukrainian energy sector. Otto Waterlander
Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Naftogaz Group
14:35 Renewable energy sector in Ukraine
– From coal to windmills and solar parks. Can Ukraine cover its energy demand with green power? Alina Sviderska, General Manager (Ukraine) at Scatec ASA
– Offshore wind energy: new frontiers of Ukraine’s energy potential. Marta Halabala, Senior Associate at “Energy, Oil&Gas practice” in Asters.
15:00 End of webinar
Webinar – Zoom
Free of charge
The event will be held in English. This webinar will not be recorded. The presentations will be made available for registered participants only.
- The event will take place on the Webinar application Zoom. All registered participants will receive a link by email to join the webinar in due time.
- Please sign up by clicking “Registration” on this page. The meeting will only be made available for pre-registered attendants approved by Norwegian Energy Partners and NUCC.
- If you wish to join the webinar through a web browser, we recommend using Google Chrome.