Norwegian-Ukrainian Business Forum 2016
- Oslo, Norway
NUCC is pleased to present the NUBF 2016 – Norwegian Ukrainian Business Forum – to be held on October 18th, in the venue of BI Norwegian Business School in Nydalen. The Business Forum is organized in connection with the official visit to Norway of the Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, the first official visit from a Ukrainian incumbent head of state. We plan with the participation of both the Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and the Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg.
Two years after the Maidan revolution economic growth is picking up and Ukraine is looking towards Europe. New businesses are emerging and Ukraine is about to establish itself as one of Europe’s leading IT and outsourcing destinations and has a growing start up scene. The NUBF is an opportunity to learn about the possibilities Ukraine has to offer and an arena for Ukrainian and Norwegian businesses to meet and discuss.
At the conference you will be updated on the political reform process, the economic situation and the development in investment and business climate in Ukraine. You will get insights to the risks and opportunities of doing business in Ukraine and get first hand experiences from businesses who have managed to utilize the potential of one of Europe’s largest markets. There will also be ample time to share experiences and get connected with other businesses from Norway and Ukraine. If you have questions regarding how to do business in and between Norway and Ukraine, or interested in applying for funding, you can book meetings with funding agencies and businesses with long experience from Ukraine and Norway.
We are delighted to have distinguished speakers representing the Ukrainian and Norwegian governments, instrumental international financial organisations and private businesses. You will also meet people from the Ukrainian civil society and business sector who are driving the transformation of the Ukrainian economy.
Program NUBF 2016
Registration - please bring photo ID
Welcome by Laxmi Akkaraju, Chairperson of Norwegian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Inge Jan Henjesand, President of BI Norwegian Business School
Opening remarks by Lars Jacob Hiim, State Secretary in the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries
Opening remarks by Yuliia Kovaliv, First Deputy Minister in the Ukrainian Ministry of Economic Development and Trade
Signing of Cooperation Agreement between Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine and Nord University, Bodø, Norway.
- Signatures from Rector Bjørn Olsen for Nord University and Vice-Rector Petro Bekh for Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
IMF's assessment of the reform process and economic outlook - Jerome Vacher, International Monetary Fund, Resident Representative in Ukraine
Reforming Ukrainian business regulations – Alina Sviderska, Partner at Easy Busines
Development in business climate and corruption – Roman Vakulchuk, Senior Researcher at Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
Doing business in Ukraine: How can companies address corruption challenges? - Caroline Dale Ditlev-Simonsen, Associate Professor at BI Norwegian Business School
Coffee Break & Networking
Macro-economic development and investment opportunities – Sevki Acuner, European Bank of Reconstruction and Development, Director Ukraine
Private equity opportunities in Ukraine – Tomas Fiala, CEO of Dragon Capital
Moderated conversation: Business opportunities, barriers and how to unlock Ukraine’s potential
Moderator: Brian Bonner, Chief Editor Kyiv Post
- Arne Mjøs, founder and CEO at Itera
- Anna Derevyanko, Executive Director in European Business Association (EBA)
- Tor Bukkvoll, Senior Research Fellow at FFI (Norwegian Defence Research Establishment)
- Egil Magne Haugstad, CEO at Pelagia
- Olga Trofimtseva, Deputy Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
Norwegian-Ukrainian trade and business opportunities, and its challenges
Moderator: Christen Mordal, Vice Chairperson of Norwegian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce
Suggested topics and speakers:
- Introduction to Ukrainian business, and opportunities provided by current free trade agreements – Anna Derevyanko, European Business Association (EBA)
- Food imports from Ukraine. Why Ukraine? - Olga Trofimtseva, Deputy Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
- Norwegian seafood in Ukraine – Egil Magne Haugstad, CEO at Pelagia
- High quality, low cost - Why Norwegian businesses should look to Ukraine - Kjartan Pedersen, Project Manager at Norwegian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce
- How credit guarantees can help facilitate increased engagement and investments - Erica Blakstad, CEO at GIEK Credit Insurance
- Securing your investment – Yuliya Chernykh, PhD research fellow UiO, Chartered Arbitrator
Investment opportunities and technology transfer – benefits from Ukrainian Norwegain bilateral cooperation Moderator: Petter Nore, Chief Analyst for Energy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Suggested topics and speakers:
- Introduction to the Ukrainian energy sector and its investment opportunities – Ihor Nasalyk, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine
- European Energy systems in Digital and Ecological Transition - Atle Midttun, Professor at BI Norwegian Business School
- What technologies does Ukraine needs to modernize its oil and gas production? – Ms Olena Pavlenko, President DixiGroup
- How Norwegian technology and expertise can support the Ukrainian energy independence and development - Mr Petter Mathisen, Vice President of AGR Software
- Ukraine is getting greener: Introduction to small-scale hydropower sector in Ukraine – Ms Alina Sviderska, partner at EasyBusiness
- Potential for Norwegian-Ukrainian technological cooperation, Mr Daniel Fjærtoft, partner at Sigra group
- How can credit guarantees help facilitating increased engagement and investments? Mr Sevki Acuner, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Securing your investments, Mr Ketil E. Bøe, partner at Wikborg|Rein
How to innovate together? – Success stories from Ukraine and Norway
Moderator: Innoco, Christian Ursin-Holm
- Need of increased cooperation to get a more innovative Ukraine – Ms Yulya Poroshenko, Partner of Innovation Cluster at VDNH, Consultant at McKinsey & Company
- Best practices in Digital Solutions in Norway and Ukraine including case study of a successful current cooperation- Yuliia Sokolovska, Deputy Head of Business Development EVRY Ukraine (Infopulse) and Karen DeSilva, leading design thinking processes in EVRY Financial Services
- Education and Research Cooperation Norway and Ukraine for stimulating business and societal development, Ms Olga Iermolenko, PhD research fellow at Nord University, Bodø and Ms Yana Kozachenko, Director for Development, International Foundation for Social Adaptation (IFSA)
- How to succeed with innovation? – Christian Ursin-Holm, Innoco
Interactive workshop with representatives from Ukrainian and Norwegian authorities, organizations and technology suppliers.
The workshop groups will be led by the presenters as well as Mr. Dmitri Podoliev, Co-Founder & Chairman at Seed Forum Ukraine as well as Co-Founder & CEO at iHUB and Mr. Artem Petrenko, Director Business Development at Sigma Software.
What lies ahead for bilateral cooperation between Norway and Ukraine?
- Introductory remarks by Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg
- Introductory remarks by President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko
Conversation between the President and the Prime Minister:
Conversation between President Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Erna Solberg
Moderated by Halvor Tjønn, independent journalist, author and lecturer
Presentation of sucessful Norwegian-Ukrainian business cooperation
Multilateral investments in Ukraine - Magnus Rysted, CEO at Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO)
Investment in small-scale hydro power in Ukraine - Arne Jakobsen, CEO at Aice Hydro AS and Alina Sviderska, Partner at EasyBusiness
Closing remarks by Laxmi Akkaraju, Chairperson of Norwegian-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce
- Workshops and possibility to book meetings with funding agencies and investors (via NUBF-app)
- Business2Business matchmaking (via NUBF-App)
Mingling, including area with promotion possibilities (stands and more) for partners and sponsors. Contact NUCC if your business is interested in increased visibility.