Young Entrepreneurs 2023
- 10.09.2023 - 18.11.2023
- 16:00 - 11:00
The Young Entrepreneurs Program is a business-educational program that aims to bring together ambitious business-minded Norwegians and Ukrainians with one thing in common: an interest in learning more about the Ukrainian and Norwegian markets combined with a passion for entrepreneurship and international business.
This year will be a special year for our Young Entrepreneurs with a particular focus on how to support Ukraine through the aspects of business and trade right now – but also a dive into the prospects of Ukrainian rebuilding efforts. The program will establish four groups working on business assignments while visiting three different cities: Oslo, Bergen, and Warsaw. We are looking for 20 participants from Norway and Ukraine who are eager to explore possibilities and look for business opportunities within:
- Food & Beverages
- Industrial Production (boats, vehicles, transport equipment, consumer drones, etc.)
- Light Manufacturing (textiles, furniture, packaging, consumer goods, etc.)
- Tech/Software solutions
There is a substantial potential for increased imports, especially within manufactured goods and agricultural products, that would benefit Ukraine now and rebuilding-wise in the long term.
This year’s assignment will focus specifically on identifying Ukrainian suppliers and connecting them with Norwegian buyers to increase Ukrainian imports to Norway. The participants will obtain a broader understanding of the Norwegian market and how to enter it, and simultaneously explore the Ukrainian supply side through the optics of the current situation and future aspects of Ukraine’s further integration into the EU.
The program has two parts:
- The first part in Bergen and Oslo: September 10-16
- The second part in Warsaw: November 12-18
Both sessions are mandatory, and there is a requirement for 80% compulsory attendance. During the program we will meet with authorities, visit relevant companies and organizations. In addition, the participants will have to work with their assigments (in groups) between the sessions. The results from the group work will be presented to a jury during the second part in Warsaw.
By participating in our program, you will increase your cultural knowledge and international business understanding and obtain the tools needed to create value that will benefit both Ukraine and Norway – and you as a successful entrepreneur. You will also become a part of YE Alumni network and make friends for life.
- Exchange of Norwegian-Ukrainian knowledge and competence
- Research on the current status of Norwegian and Ukrainian markets identifying business opportunities
- Contribution to the development of democracy and an international economy
- Building a cross-border network between entrepreneurs, businesses, and university professors from Norway and Ukraine
- Facilitation of cross-border business partnerships
- A broader understanding of Ukraine’s further integration into the EU
If you’re business minded and wish to explore the benefits of support through economic value creation, we’d love to have an interview with you!
Register now by hitting the blue “Registration” button on the right and upload your CV and Motivation Letter.
The application deadline is May 21, 2023, at 23:59 Oslo time.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
All applicants will be notified in the written form of either of the decisions by June 25, 2023
The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is a general sponsor of the Young Entrepreneurs program.
Thanks to a Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs grant, NUCC will cover all program-related expenses, including travel costs, accommodation, social activities, and meals.
Transportation to/from the closest international airport and travel insurance, visa application fee (if needed), and personal expenses are to be covered by each participant. This also applies if you want to extend your stay in any of the places in Norway.
- Read more about how to write a successful application in our blog article.
- Have also a look at our Young Entrepreneurs booklet from 2016.
- Click here to read about the experiences from Young Entrepreneurs 2021 in Oslo (Norway) and Kyiv, Odesa, and Lviv (Ukraine).
- Click here to read the recap of Young Entrepreneurs 2022 in Oslo, Stavanger, Trondheim, and Bodø.